Vet Fest Workshop
April 6-10, 2015 ACFCU, H/EAD, TN Department of Labor, tc-mac, and the National Guard Employment Enhancement Program are partnering together to hold a Vet Fest Workshop. At this workshop you can expect to:
- Better understand your financial future
- Create a resume, or update your existing one
- Learn effective job search techniques
- gain successful interview skills
- Learn to convert military skill sets to civilian terminology
- Meet and interview with DOL career center representatives
- Participate in a FREE job fair
This event is open to ALL Service Members, Family Members and Veterans within the following counties: Claiborne, Grainger, Jefferson, Sevier, Hancock, Hawkins, Hamblen, Greene, Cocke, Sullivan, Washington, Unicoi, Carter and Johnson. Space is limited to 120 participants.
Earlier this year ACFCU partnered with Milligan College to provide all of our members and individuals from our communities’ FREE Income Tax preparation. This partnership with Milligan College and their IRS approved Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program was overseen by Dr. Harold Branstrator, a Milligan College professor and former IRS agent. He and his accounting college students, trained in tax preparation, began being available for members in February of this year. Through this partnership ACFCU was able to serve over 830 members and individuals from our communities. ACFCU looks forward to offering this to members in the future as well as our partnership with Milligan College.